Well. If there’s anything you know about me by now, it’s that I’m a filthy survey whore. So, naturally, when the lovely Stephany posted this beauty on her blog, I had to play! (And you should, too!)
1) If you could change something about yourself, what would it be and why?
I have very broken self confidence. Now it’s never been a thing that is high for me, but it’s been at plummeting levels for a little while now. (For reasons.) That needs to stop. I’m worth a great deal more than that.
Point: this is also something I am very much working on and am succeeding at. So – yay!
2) What’s the farthest you’ve been from home?
I went on a (community marching) band trip, many moons ago, to Germany and Austria. That was a pretty amazing, once-in-a-lifetime (not Germany and Austria. I have a sis-in-law in Germany, so that’s a thing that will happen again. The marching band thing is finite, though) event.
3) What is your motto?
“This above all: to thine own self be true.”
Runner up: “it is what it is.”
You have to look out for yourself – I can tell you what the opposite of that does to a person – and you have to be able to roll with some punches, ’cause you just can’t predict everything in life.
4) What are your hobbies?
Writing, walking, reading, baking, tea-drinking, inline skating (so excited for melting snow and subsequent street sweeping), and I’m going to see about adding horseback riding and target shooting to that. Because obviously.
5) What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
6) What two things could you not do when you were a child, but you can do now?
I can buy, and eat, Fruit Loops for any meal. Seriously, that’s a big deal. (At least, it was when I was in university.) I can also make decisions about my present and future. Big decisions. Like that nursing degree my husband and I chatted about the other day.
7) If you could travel anywhere in the world – where would you go and why?
For me, we’ll be going to Nova Scotia. I used to be all over Scotchland and Irishland (and still am), but I am so attracted to a (repeat) trip to Canada’s East Coast. I love it there. (If I could guarantee work, I would move.)
For the dude I live with, we’re headed to Iceland. Because of their music scene. (I concur.)
8) Have you ever met a famous person?
Yes! I got to meet JM Linsner, the creator and illustrator/writer of Dawn. Guys, I fucking love Dawn. You have no idea. I was giddy when I met him and had no idea what to say. (Note: he’s a super shy, private person. So am I.) It was awkward.
I also, way back in The Day, served a table sat with a pair of dapper gents who happened to be Collective Soul, getting their burger on before rocking The Peeg.
9) What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
I have a strong sense of (good Catholic) guilt. I feel guilty about every(gorram)thing. Everything is my fault, guys. That is an awful burden to carry, just so we’re clear. It does nothing for my mental health. Nothing at all.
(I’m working on this, too.)
10) One word that describes you?
11) If you were a crayon, what color would you be and why?
Pink. Bright, crazy-ass, Barbie pink. Because I like pink. I like bright colours. Bright colours, garish pink (and neon, highlighter blue) in particular, make me happy. I would be the pink crayon and I would be used to rock flamingos and badass hot rods.
12) What is the weather like right now where you are?
It’s actually pretty stunning today. We’re sitting at 5C and things are starting to get slushy (which means melting! w00t). It’s a bright, sun-shiny day. We may go for a walk this afternoon.
13) How tall are you?
14) When you were little – what did you want to be “when you grew up?”
A veterinarian. Full stop. After that dream petered out, I stopped considering my future and have failed to truly pick the thought back up (until recently, of course). I’m probably never going to grow up anyway, so it’s not really worth considering.
15) Toilet paper. Roll with paper coming off the top or the bottom?
Top. Oh my heavens above, the top.
16) Favorite sport you like to watch or participate in?
I’m not a big sports participator. I like solitary ventures, like walking, hiking, skating and margarita drinking. I am an excellent roller derby voyeur, though. I scream and shout (and let it all out). Hard.
17) What kind of food do you prefer eating when you are out?
Mediterranean. We have a great Mediterranean joint in town. It is my favourite and I try to weasel my way into dinner dates there as often as possible (I am usually very successful. It is a popular restaurant).
18) Last movie you watched?
21 Jump Street. On Netflix. I was pleasantly surprised, having avoided that film like the plague because I loved the TV series. Loved.
19) Would you like to be famous?
Nope. I would like to be very quietly, bill-payingly successful.
20) What book are you reading?
Eugenides – Middlesex Well. I haven’t started it yet, but it’s next on the docket.
21) If you have $5 million to spend in 5 days, but with the clause you could not spend any of it on yourself or your family, what would you do with it?
I would set up a scholarship (or two), I would help out some local indie animal shelters, I would throw a lot of money at women’s shelters and I would help to support some of our local, indie businesses, because they are super important.
22) If you knew that you could try any kind of work/employment and that you would not fail, what would you attempt doing?
I would write. Hardcore. No question.
Unrelated: Happy 3.14 Day!
(Image @ tumblr)